My dearest friend Erin shared this as a thermo mix chocolate cake recipe with me. It has been adapted here for those of us mere mortals with old school applicances. 🙂 My youngest (and fussiest) child loves this cake, and if she will eat it, anyone will!
I used it recently as a chocolate layer cake at an Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party, and due to the dense & moist texture of the cake it fared really well.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 1 cake
- Category: Baking
- 420 g canned kidney beans drained
- 5 eggs
- 125 g butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. bicarb
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 70 g unsweetend cocoa (or cacao)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. water or coffee
- 180 g brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In your foodprocessor or blender puree the beans, water/coffee, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Set aside in another bowl.
- Blend butter & sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining eggs and blend on low until mixed in.
- Add bean mixture back in and belnd again until smooth
- Add in dry ingredients and belnd until it changes colour.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake in oven for 30-40 mins depending on your oven. Around 30m Check to see if it is set on top, if it is still wobbly give it another 5 minutes.
- Let rest in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once cooled keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you are using as an iced cake, we suggest making the day before and letting it fudge up in the fridge overnight before icing.