This quick & yummy smoothy will help you beat the symptoms of hay fever by boosting your body with allergy fighting vitamins and minerals.
- 2 c of fresh Pineapple (core included)
- 1/2 Apple
- 1/2 Orange (zest removed, pith on)
- 1/2 lime pith and zest on
- 1 thumb of fresh turmeric (optional)
- Coconut water (to your desired consistency) Freeze if you want slushy consistency
- Coconut milk (optional - for a pina colada type smoothie)
- If you have a high powered blender like a Vitamix/Thermomix or Nutri-bullet you can put all ingredients in together and blend until a smooth consistency. If you have a standard blender it would be advisable to chop up fruit into small portions and blend in batches.
- The zest and pith of the fruits may not completely breakdown in the standard blender, so to maximise your smoothie smoothness consider a high powered blender as a nutritious addition to your kitchen gadgets.