Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure, and lower cholesterol levels. While coconut has a high immune support. Thanks to the lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids, and capric acid found in coconut. Like almond, coconut is also nutrient rich offering antioxidants and powered by key vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C&E, B Vitamins to provide your cells with energy and Iron.
Almond or coconut? Now you don’t have to decide! We found a great almond coconut power bar recipe that is perfect for any day to power up not just you, but also for your kids. We all know that coconut has many health benefits, what more if you’ll power it up with some almonds on it! These almond power bars make a delicious and healthy school box snack for the kids.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Yield: 12 bars
- Category: Baking
- 1/2 c cooking oats
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 100 g good quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 c raw honey
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper. Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place almond butter, chocolate and honey in a heavy-based pot over a low heat. Stir until melted. Pour over the dry mix and work quickly to combine. Press into tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool (finishing in the fridge) before cutting into bars.