Running out of ideas on how to enjoy your wholesome chicken breast? Chicken breast is a great choice of low-fat protein, which make it ideal for people who want to prepare meals and dishes that don’t hurt their diet or dietary restrictions. However, making chicken breast savoury often involves ingredients that could either be high in salt or fat.
- 2 pieces of 150g boneless and skinless chicken breast - trims and tenders removed
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp. dry vermouth, or dry white wine
- 1 c thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp. palm oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Season both sides of the chicken with fresh ground pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skilled over medium heat.
- Carefully place the chicken on the heated pan and turn once or twice. Adjust the heat to prevent burning.
- Cook for about 16 minutes or until chicken turns brown. You can use an instant-read thermometer - insert it into the thickest part of the meat. Once it registers around 74°C, the chicken is already cooked. Once cooked, place the chicken on a plate, tent it with aluminum foil so it will be kept warm, and then set aside.
- In the pan, add the shallots and stir for 30 seconds or until it caramelise.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Pour the vermouth or dry white wine, let it simmer until almost evaporated.
- Pour in the chicken broth, stir and reduce until the liquid mixture is reduced by almost half.
- Stir in the heavy cream and chives. This should give you your savoury lite sauce.
- Add in the chicken, turn until each piece us coated with sauce, cook for about one minute or until heated through.
- Serve the chicken on individual plates.